Cycling in the New Forest
- Flat, safe traffic-free trails centred around the main cycle friendly villages of Brockenhurst & Burley
- Over 100 miles of quiet, traffic-free forest trails and the 40mph speed limit on most roads makes it a safer place to cycle.
- Picnic facilities and toilets at many of the Forest Car Parks
- An abundance of village tea shops, local stores and forest pubs mean you won't go hungry on your day-out in the countryside!
The varied terrain makes it a cycling destination for all ages and abilities but it is most suited to recreational riders, couples and family groups. The New Forest is the most recently formed National Park in the UK but the fragile forest environment gives home to many species of flora and fauna which need protection from the pressure weighed down by recreational use. With over 13 million visitor days spent in the New Forest every year, the management of recreational use is crucial to the future of the New Forest habitats, and as cyclists, we need to ensure we keep to the designated trails.
If you are not starting your tour from our hire centre or shop in Brockenhurst ,please find a 'cycling friendly' car park when starting your ride with your own bikes or you may find yourself in the wrong part of the New Forest where cycling is not allowed. There authorised cycle network is now well waymarked by the Forestry Commission with over 400 numbered posts to ensure you manage to stick to your planned route.
- Please keep to way marked gravel tracks when cycling off road
- Always ride in single file when roads are narrow and never ride more than two abreast
- Make sure you are visible by wearing bright colours
- Always use lights after dark or in poor visability
- Plan your route to be out of the Forest by dusk
- Be aware of animals, other cyclists, pedestrians and drivers whether you are on gravel tracks or on the road
- Keep your speed down, give way to walkers and be friendly to other forest users
- Keep well away from any work going on in the Forest
- Do not pass any vehicle loading timber until you've been told it's safe to do so
What we offer
With over more than 20 years experience in New Forest cycle hire we know everything there is to know about riding bikes in the forest. We are also in the priviledged position where we are able to offer a unique experience that you cannot get anywhere else in the New Forest.
- Branded Hire Bikes from Giant
- Open 362 days per year!
- Traffic-Free Routes
- Large Group Bookings
- Allability bikes available on request
- Cycle Maps & Guides
- Guided Tours by arrangement
- Cheap parking at Brockenhurst Station
- Mechanical Back-up
- Pre Arranged Delivery Service
- The New Forest National Park
- Find out more
As the newest National Park in the UK we at
Cyclexperience are very proud to be here and therefore
very concerned regarding protecting the environment.
We would encourage you to leave your car at home and take a train or bus.
- How to Find us
- Find out more
Plug SO42 7TW into your Sat Nav. Our shop is near the
level crossing at Brockenhurst Station and our hire centre
is actually in the Brockenhurst Station Car Park.
Overall we hope that you have a fantastic time here and remember to come and visit us again.....SOON!
- Explore the Isle of Purbeck
- Find out more
While you are visiting the New Forest, you might want to have a taste of the Dorset cycling
experience as we opened a new bike hire and retail centre at Wareham Station which is
another few stops along the main line from Brockenhurst.
Wareham is the gateway to the Isle of Purbeck and a haven for tranquility and jaw dropping scenery. Cycling provides the ideal opportunity to take this in at a leisurely pace.
Why Choose Us?
There are many great places to cycle from in the new forest and we think you should try them all! Whether it’s Burley, Beaulieu, Lyndhurst or Ashurst, you will find varied scenery and quiet forest trails nearby. But when we opened in 1993, we chose Brockenhurst for a reason!
- The biggest choice of flat, safe traffic-free New Forest trails centred around Brockenhurst and plenty of space to get to know your bike before hitting the trails. See our route page to choose your next adventure.
- You can park at our hire centre in the station car park from only £3.50 per day before choosing which direction of the compass you want to head in. The off-road trail head for some of our routes is only ¼ mile from the station (via a quiet residential avenue), unlike the busier roads in other villages!
- The best branded hire bikes! We believe in setting the standards for others to follow and our main fleet bikes now all have disc brakes, suspension, puncture proof tyres and comfort saddles.
- Lots of local shops to buy snacks and picnics from. We can even offer you an inclusive picnic or pub lunch cycling package or a short tour of the Isle of Wight via ferry from nearby Lymington.
You can now book online using our secure server.
Saves you time, and will give you piece of mind!